Laboratory Technician, Department of Medical and Surgical Specialities, Radiological Sciences and Public Health Medicine, Section of Hygiene, University of Brescia.
Role: Laboratory Technician.
Total number of publications: 41
List of the 5 most significant publications
- Guzzella. L., Monarca S., Zani C., Feretti D., Zerbini I., Buschini A., Poli P., Rossi C., Richardson S.D. (2004): In vitro potential genotoxic effects of surface drinking water treated with chlorine and alternative disinfectants. Mutation Research, 564: 179-193.
- Guzzella L., Di Caterino F., Monarca S., Zani C., Feretti D., Zerbini I., Nardi G., Buschini A., Poli P., Rossi C. (2006): Detection of mutagens in water-distribution systems after disinfection. Mutation Research, 608: 72-81.
- Monarca S., Kozisek F., Craun G., Donato F., Zerbini I. (2009). Drinking water hardness and cardiovascular disease. European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation, 16(6): 735-736.
- Ceretti E., Zani C, Zerbini I., Guzzella L., Scaglia M., Berna V., Donato F., Monarca S., Feretti D. (2010): Comparative assessment of genotoxicity of mineral water packed in polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and glass bottles. Water Research, 44: 1462-1470.
- Buschini A., Villarini M., Feretti D., Mussi F., Dominici L., Zerbini I., Moretti M., Ceretti E., Bonfiglioli R., Carrieri M., Gelatti U., Rossi C., Monarca S., Poli P. (2013). Multicentre study for the evaluation of mutagenic/carcinogenic risk in nurses exposed to antineoplastic drugs: assesment of DNA damage. Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 70: 789-794.
Born in Chiari (BS) on 16 June 1967, she graduated in Biological Sciences from the University of Milan and specialized in Hygiene at the Specialization School there. She spent a training period at tthe Lombardy and Emilia Romagna Experimental Zootechnic Institute (IZSLER) from ferbuary 2000 to november 2000. An Assistant Technician since 2000 and Graduate Tecnician since 2005 at the Department of Experimental and Applied Medicine, Hygiene section, at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Brescia, she has been involved in health environmental studies with emphasis on mutagenicity of environmental mixtures (urban air pollution, drinking water and wastewater, mineral water in PET bottles, pesticide contamination of food, contaminated soils, resins used in prosthodontics, monitoring of environmental and occupational exposure). These studies have been carried out by means of bacterial mutagenicity tests, such as Ames test or Kado test on Salmonella typhimurium; genotoxicity tests using plants such as Tradescantia (Tradescantia/micronuclei test) and Allium cepa (Roots Anaphase Aberration Assay and Allium Root-Micronucleus Assay); genotoxicity test using human cells (buccal micronucleus cytome assay); and Comet test to study primary DNA damage in human leukocytes. The results of these studies have been published in several Italian and international scientific papers.
Member of the Italian Society of Hygiene and Public Health.