Born: Reggio Emilia, 10-08-1980
Education: Master’s Degree in Life Sciences (2005) with a thesis titled: “Construction and analysis of Nicotiana plumbaginifolia and Arabidopsis thaliana transformant lines with altered levels of glutamate dehydrogenase enzyme”, and PhD Degree in Plant Biology (2013) with a thesis titled: “Aspergillus flavus: control on aflatoxin biosynthesis and biocompetiton strategies”, both obtained at the University of Parma.
Scientific experience: from 2005 to date, titleholder of 7 fellowship and Post-doc positions funded by different authority (SIQUAL Emilia Romagna Regional Laboratory; SITEIA-PRITT Development of Technologies in the Agro-food Safety Field Project; SPINNER Regional Operative Program of the Social European Found; AGER Agricultural Research Foundation). From 2010, Research fellow in Botany and Genetics.
Scientific activity: analysis of plant pathogenic fungi and toxic metabolites; biochemical studies on heavy metals plant response; molecular studies on plant-pathogen interaction in Phytoplasma subjected crops; genetic studies on nitrogen plant enzymes.
- Degola, L. Fattorini, E. Bona, C. Triscari Sprimuto, E. Argese, G. Berta, L. Sanita’ di Toppi (2015). The symbiosis between Nicotiana tabacum and the endomycorrhizal fungus Funneliformis mosseae increases the plant glutathione level and decreases leaf cadmium and root arsenic contents. PLANT PHYSIOLOGY AND BIOCHEMISTRY
- Degola, C. Morcia, F. Bisceglie, F. Mussi, G. Tumino, R. Ghizzoni, G. Pelosi, V. Terzi, A. Buschini, F.M. Restivo, T. Lodi (2015). In vitro evaluation of the activity of thiosemicarbazone derivatives against mycotoxigenic fungi affecting cereals. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF FOOD MICROBIOLOGY, doi: 10.1016/j.ijfoodmicro.2015.02.009
- Degola, M. De Benedictis, A. Petraglia, A. Massimi, L., Fattorini, S. Sorbo, A. Basile, L. Sanità di Toppi (2014). A Cd/Fe/Zn-responsive phytochelatin synthase is constitutively present in the ancient liverwort Lunularia cruciata (L.) Dumort. PLANT AND CELL PHYSIOLOGY, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/pcp/pcu117
- Marchi, E. Polverini, F. Degola, E. Baruffini, F. M. Restivo (2014). Glutamate dehydrogenase isoenzyme 3 (GDH3) of Arabidopsis thaliana is less thermostable than GDH1 and GDH2 isoenzymes. PLANT PHYSIOLOGY AND BIOCHEMISTRY, 83: 225-231
- Petraglia*, M. De Benedictis*, F. Degola*, G. Pastore, M. Calcagno, R. Ruotolo, A. Mengoni, L. Sanita’ di Toppi (2014). The capability to synthesize phytochelatins and the presence of constitutive and functional phytochelatin synthases are ancestral (plesiomorphic) characters for basal land plants. JOURNAL OF EXPERIMENTAL BOTANY, 65: 1153-1163
- Sofo, A. Vitti, M. Nuzzaci, G. Tataranni, A. Scopa, J. Vangronsveld, T. Remans, G. Falasca, M.M. Altamura, F. Degola, L. Sanità di Toppi (2013). Correlation between hormonal homeostasis and morphogenic responses in Arabidopsis thaliana seedlings growing in a Cd/Cu/Zn multi-pollution context. PHYSIOLOGIA PLANTARUM, 149: 487-498
- Marchi, F. Degola, E. Polverini, T. Terce-Laforgue, F. Dubois, B. Hirel, Francesco Maria Restivo (2013). Glutamate dehydrogenase isoenzyme 3 (GDH3) of Arabidopsis thaliana is regulated by a combined effect of nitrogen and cytokinin. PLANT PHYSIOLOGY AND BIOCHEMISTRY, 73: 368-375
- Degola, C. Dall’asta, F.M. Restivo (2012). Development of a simple and high-throughput method for detecting aflatoxins production in culture media.. LETTERS IN APPLIED MICROBIOLOGY, 55: 82-89
- Degola, E. Berni, F.M. Restivo (2011). Laboratory tests for assessing efficacy of atoxigenic Aspergillus flavus strains as biocontrol agents. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF FOOD MICROBIOLOGY, 146: 235-243
- Berni, F. Degola, C. Cacchioli, F.M. Restivo, E. Spotti (2011). Polyphasic approach for differentiating Penicillium nordicum from Penicillium verrucosum. FOOD ADDITIVES & CONTAMINANTS. PART A. CHEMISTRY, ANALYSIS, CONTROL, EXPOSURE & RISK ASSESSMENT, vol. 28, p. 477-484, ISSN: 1944-0049, doi: 10.1080/19440049.2010.550065
- Degola, E. Berni, E. Spotti, I. Ferrero, F. M. Restivo (2009). Facing the problem of “false positives”: Re-assessment and improvement of a multiplex RT-PCR procedure for the diagnosis of A. flavus mycotoxin producers. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF FOOD MICROBIOLOGY, 129: 300-305
- Degola, E. Berni, C. Dall’Asta, E. Spotti, R. Marchelli, I. Ferrero, F.M. Restivo (2007). Multiplex RT-PCR approach to detect aflatoxigenic strains of Aspergillus flavus. JOURNAL OF APPLIED MICROBIOLOGY, 103(2): 409-417